Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Wow, I can't believe another week has gone by! I'm having such a great time that every so often I have to step back and wonder if this is really my life. I love Rome, and I love the people I've met so far. I have been offered a job, which I start tomorrow (Monday) so hopefully I'll be able to get some solid hours with them! Becky was supposed to visit this weekend, but the volcano in Iceland foiled those plans, so she's re-booked for next weekend, but I hear that flights might be grounded for a while. I hope she makes it. On another note...Dad's coming! Craig Foley will be in Rome from April 30th-May 6. I'm so excited. We had such a great time when we came here as a family 3 years ago, and I'm planning lots of fun things for us to do. It means the world to me that he's coming, and it's also a great excuse for me to do a bunch of tourist-y things that I might not think of on a day-to-day basis. I can't wait to show him my apartment, and introduce him to some of my friends, and be able to share in some of the excitement I have for my life here. I just re-read this, and realized that I have become one of those people who can talk about nothing but how happy they are. I'll try and throw in some bite next time, but for now it's springtime in Rome. Tonight a bunch of us are going to the Pakistani ambassador's house to watch the Rome soccer game. Should be fun, it's always an experience at Rahim's. Much love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Thogoughly enjoying "tagging" along with you and "hearing" the happiness. Enjoy all that life has to offer. Give my best to your dad.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete