Monday, March 1, 2010

The Plague, Round 2


(Me, Becky and Jaclyn at the John Lennon Wall)
This weekend was great. Becky came from London to visit! She arrived early Saturday morning, and we walked around Prague, crossed the Charles Bridge and saw the John Lennon wall, a curious amalgamation of quotes and pictures. It was a beautiful day, almost 50 degrees and gloriously sunny- a rare sighting in February in Prague. Unfortunately, I have been battling the nastiest cough/cold/plague outbreak, so I was probably not much fun. Going to a smoky bar on Saturday until 2 am probably didn't help either, and by the time we left the bar I had essentially lost the will to live. I am so sick of people being able to smoke in bars and cafes here- it's so frustrating, I mean, why should I have to smell like an ashtray just because other people can't step outside!? It's gross. I'm feeling better now, but man! I haven't been this sick since my junior year of college, when I had strep throat for the better part of the year. We went to the store yesterday and I managed to get some cold medicine, so hopefully it'll fix itself soon. On another note...I'm moving to Rome on Saturday! I haven't heard back from many places, which apparently is par for the course, but in Western Europe it's better just to go to the schools, CV in hand and ask for a job. I have a place to stay, at least temporarily (Erin's floor), and I know of some language schools, so hopefully it will work out. I'm excited- it's exhilarating to be 'homeless' in Europe, and be able to go anywhere! Also, it's against the law to smoke in bars, etc in Rome. My flight is booked, I'm leaving at 11 am on Saturday, and here's hoping for the best. Miss everyone and much love to all.

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE MOVING TO ROME?! ROME?! ITALIA?! Okay, officially far beyond jealous, I mean excited for you!!! Congratulations friend. Buona fortuna bella!!!!

    ReplyDelete