Saturday, February 6, 2010

Goodbye Spork


Sadly for those who have followed the brief and tumultuous life of the titular spork, it is gone. Taken from me at around 10:30 this morning at Heathrow, we weren't together long, but the time we did have was wonderful. I have a memory of being very young and my brother was playing with a ball. The ball either got away from him or was deflated, and my parents would sing this song- Goodbye ball, goodbye happiness (a play on the George Harrison song, I just found out). Anyways- that song ran through my head as I watched my spork get taken away from me. Enough mourning, the reason for my trip is upon me- I have arrived in Prague! I had so much fun in London with Trish, and enjoyed getting to see all of the cousins who stopped by, and talking to Sarah on the phone. I will definitely have to pass through again. No trouble entering the Czech Republic, which was such a relief. I've been up the last 2 nights worrying about that prospect. I didn't even have to fill out one of those damning cards on the airplane- I think that card was at the root of my troubles entering the UK and will refrain from filling one out in future. See how that works for me. Iva from the ITC school came and picked me up, and we were on our way through snowy Prague to the building where I am staying. I guess my year living in NYC was good practice, because I am in another 5-floor walk-up building. There are 4 people living here, one girl from Italy who has been here for about 6 months with a different, EU-sponsored program, and Jaclyn and Erica from Canada, both of whom are in my program. They both seem nice, and Jaclyn is 22, have yet to figure out how old Erica is. I feel old. The flat is sparse, but will serve its purpose. The kitchen is TINY, and kind of gross, lacking even a stove- but we will see how the food situation works itself out. I feel like I'm back in college with the room (shown above), but again it serves its purpose, and had I wanted to stay at the Ritz, I should have signed up for a different program! I think once Erica gets settled in (she arrived last), we are going to maybe venture out for some food because we are all starving. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment