Thursday, February 4, 2010

London Calling

After my eventful arrival and the warm welcome I receieved from the Welcoming Committee at customs, I woke up at Becky's determined to start my time in London again. She had to work, so Laura (her roommate) and I hung around the flat until I ventured out to Holloway Road to look into changing money and maybe getting a cell phone. My friend Leslie had given me one, but the charger doesn't work and it costs almost £20 to replace it!! Anyway, I didn't get a phone that day, but they are so cheap. The minute I left the house it started to rain, so I got to use the umbrella Becky gave me as part of my "welcome to London" package. After I returned to the flat, we met Becky out for curry in Soho (apparently you can't come to London without getting curry), then wandered around a bit and found this little gallery that showed old neon signs. I got some great pictures, which I will post on facebook when I get to Prague and have wireless for my laptop (I'm using my aunt's computer). Trish picked me up the morning of the 3rd, and we went to her house, then ventured out to the Tate Modern, which is right next to the Millenium bridge, which gets destroyed in the 6th Harry Potter movie. I took pictures. Last night, my cousin Anna, her husband Patrick and their three children, Charlie, Katie and Tom came for dinner. They are so cute, and I took both pictures and video of them. Funny kids. Today, Trish and I walked into Camden and had lunch at Wagamama (Japanese noodle restaurant) and now we are waiting for my cousin Pip and his wife Rachel and their two kids, Freya and Natasha to come by. It's so nice getting to see all this family!

2 comments:

  1. you put the umbrella detail in just for me, didn't you? so glad you're having a good time & blogging! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about sending some of the pictures to some of us who are not on facebook!!! Safe travels to Prague and may your entrance be a little friendlier!! lol. oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete